When you feel blue the best way to feel better is to indulge and spoil yourself. Make yourself feel loved by the only person that is always by your side-You.
First tip to feel happy is:
Do whatever you enjoy doing most! Because you know yourself the best.
If first tip doesn’t work try some of these feel good activities.
- Get out fresh air, movement and change of scenery will activate different parts of brain and consequently change perspective. Seeing the world is going will make you aware that no matter what is happening now it will pass and everything will be good.
- Exercise or dance or just jump around anything to shake your body it will release endorphins (feel-good hormone).
- Eat banana it’s a happy fruit, it even looks like a smile.
- Eat chocolate because chocolate is always the answer (but not too much, then it becomes a problem).
- Cold ice-cream because ice cream is also sometimes the answer.
- Animal therapy look videos of funny animals that ALWAYS helps, in 5 minutes not only you will be happy but you will be rolling on floor laughing. Or play with your pet.
- Listen music happy tunes only. And sing loudly.
- Colour therapy yellow is said to be optimistic, happy colour.
- Listen to stand-up comedians. They devoted their lives to make people happy.
- Make a good deed helping somebody is the best way to happiness.
- Think positive and be grateful. This is sure way to change your mood positive thoughts and remembering all good things you have in life is best therapy.
- See a friend because what matters the most in life are our relationships with other people. And people who know us the best are the ones who know how to make us smile.
- Watch a comedy movie. Same as comedians these movies exist to get that smile on your face. Have a list of movies that always make you laugh. Laughing immediately improves mood and increases feeling of happiness
- Do something new something you’ve never done before, new experience will make you feel good and create feeling of accomplishment and versatility.
- Cook a new meal or a dessert. I’m not supporter of emotional eating, but preparing a tasty meal and enjoying it in moderate amounts will not only get you to do something actively but you will also feed yourself which will increase feeling of self-sufficiency.
- Draw a painting. You don’t have to be artist to draw. You can draw what you see around you or abstract shapes, whatever you feel right in the moment. Some studies show that only 15 minutes of drawing elevates your mood and relieves stress.
- Dream. Make yourself comfortable, close your eyes and dream. Imagine yourself in your own utopia world, how do you feel, what do you do. Dream about having a pet dragon the further you go from reality the better. Did you know that imagining increases IQ, and that people with big imagination are most intelligent people? Think about it.
- Take a bubble bath. O.K. I am a big fan of baths and this is the first thing I do to feel better. Calming essential oils, candles and a warm water are winning trio for relaxing and feeling good.
- Play a game. Kids know the best how to feel happy and they play all the time. Wake up the child in you and it will open doors of happiness.
- Read a book. Take a trip to imagination land, see places that don’t exist, meet extraordinary people with peculiar personalities, experience most exciting adventures. Books are special treasures that enrich our lives and they are accessible more than ever. You are one click away from almost every book that exists, take advantage of 21. century.