Baked coconut balls, brushed with simple syrup and dipped in dark chocolate.
Try not to like them.
These little coconut treats are gone before they are made. Yes they are that good, even if you’re not a coconut fan you’ll love them. I must say they do require some time to make them but they are soo worth it. You will not regret, promise.
MORE SWEET RECIPES:
This recipe yields approximately 70 coconut balls.
For the balls:
340 g butter
340 g sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon salt
500 g desiccated coconut
300 g dark chocolate (min.70% cocoa solids)
For the rum flavored syrup:
180 g sugar
140 g water
40 g rum ( if you don’t want rum simply replace it with water)
- Place butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat until butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla, salt, eggs one at a time and coconut.
- Return to stove and cook on low stirring constantly, until the mixture pulls away from sides of the pan.
- Transfer to clean bowl, cover and let it cool in refrigerator. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly cold, otherwise you will not be able to form balls.
- Preheat the oven at 210°C (415°F).
- Form balls and place them on a sheet pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the syrup by adding all of the ingredients into the saucepan and bringing to boil, cook until sugar dissolves.
- While balls are still hot brush them with prepared syrup.
- Allow the balls to cool completely before dipping them in melted chocolate.
- Store in fridge for up to a week
- Try not to eat all 70 coconut balls in one day.
*if for some crazy reason you need a smaller batch simply divide all ingredients by 2
If you have any questions write in a comment and I will be happy to answer them.