Chocolate Soufflé Cake (for breakfast)
This is a very simple but soo delicious cake. Just 5 ingredients, half hour preparation time, sit, relax and you have yourself a chocolate cake.
This one I made first thing in the morning while drinking coffee.
I wanted to sweeten this lovely sunny day.
While cake was still warm I just added few raspberries a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoyed freshly baked cake for breakfast.
For this lovely cake you’ll need:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 8 egg yolks
- 8 egg whites
- 160g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur (OR 2 tablespoons of rum and a teaspoon of instant coffee powder)
- Butter a cake pan (30cm in diameter) and line sides and bottom with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Add egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie or in microwave with 30 second intervals for mixing. Mixture should be warm not hot.
- While chocolate is melting, start whipping egg whites on high speed until soft peaks and continuing mixing start adding sugar in a stream.
- When all sugar is added with hand wisk stir in egg yolks and warm chocolate.
- Pour the batter in prepared pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool before removing from pan.
Add berries, ice creams, whipped cream, jams…and enjoy.
If you have any questions write in a comment and I will be happy to answer them.